Frequently Asked Questions for Virtual HB 2020
What is Virtual Homeward Bound?
- Since we won’t be able to congregate at Columbian Park for this year’s walk, we are asking the Greater Lafayette Community to support us by walking a mile on their own and help our organizations raise money!
When is the event?
- You decide – anytime between 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 15 and 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 22 you can walk a mile in support of Virtual Homeward Bound!
Where is the event?
- You decide – where is convenient for you and your family to safely take a stroll?
What agencies are involved in Homeward Bound?
- LTHC Homeless Services, Family Promise, Valley Oaks and HomesteadCS share the responsibility for this event – to educate the Greater Lafayette community about homelessness as well as to raise funds for each agency. With the craziness of COVID-19, these agencies will be dealing with the long-term impact of what our community is experiencing. We need your help this year more than ever!
How is this a fundraiser?
- Virtual Homeward Bound is a fundraiser because YOU are helping us to raise funds! Talk to your friends and family (from a six-foot distance) and tell them what you are doing! Ask them to donate! Share all of our social media posts on your pages to help spread the word! Set up an on-line fundraiser! Share your walk photos with #VirtualHB2020!
How do I get money to Homeward Bound?
- You can send people to DONATE or collect cash/checks. Cash/checks can be dropped off at HomesteadCS (671 N 36th St, Lafayette, IN 47905) Wednesday, April 15 through Wednesday, April 22 during normal business hours (M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
Starting to sound fun…where kind I find more info?
If you have more questions, please contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us make Virtual HB 2020 a big success!